These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you may book, and we will provide meeting rooms and related services to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking any meeting rooms or related services with us.
In these terms of sale the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Ancillary Services” means such food, beverages and/or office equipment as may be offered by us at the Sunley Hotel.
- “Booking” means a reservation for a Meeting Room(s) and any related Ancillary Services which you have requested during the booking process and which we have subsequently accepted in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- “Booking Payment Date” means:
- Either (i) 14 days prior to the commencement of the applicable Booking (or, if such date is not a business day, the previous business day) or (ii) the date of booking, if booked 14 days or less prior to the commencement of the applicable Booking.
- “Contract” means the agreement between us and you for a Booking, which comprises these terms of sale together with such information provided by you during the booking process which is subsequently confirmed by us via email.
- “Delegate(s)” means all individual(s) attending a meeting at our Meeting Room(s) pursuant to a Booking with you.
- “Meeting Room” means the room or rooms which you book for the use of your Delegates.
- “you” means the person, organisation, company or other body responsible for making a Booking.
- “we/us” means Sunley Hotel. Sunley Hotel is managed by CH & Co Catering Limited , company number 02613820 whose registered office is 550 Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1PT
To place a Booking, please contact our team at the Sunley Hotel and provide any information where requested. All information must be provided in the English language.
When making a Booking, you must check that the details of your reservation are complete and accurate, before you confirm your Booking. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information. By making a Booking you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a Contract for a Booking with us.
The Contract between you and us will only be formed upon our written acceptance of your Booking (which may be provided via email).
The most appropriate Meeting Room will be allocated based on the number of Delegates booked and paid for (and we may make this allocation at any time prior to the commencement of your Booking). We reserve the right to change your assigned Meeting Room for one of equal suitability prior to the commencement of your Booking. We will endeavour to advise you in advance of any such change.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to refuse to accept a Booking. In such circumstances we will advise you by email as soon as reasonably possible and refund any sum paid by you in full.
We reserve the right to cancel any Booking and shall give you as much notice as possible and endeavour to re book for another date.
The price of all Meeting Rooms and Ancillary Services will be as quoted to or as otherwise communicated to you at the time of Booking, except in cases of obvious error. Whilst we try to ensure that pricing and other information we provide is correct at all times, errors may occasionally occur. If we discover an error in the price or nature of the services you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible, and give you the option of reconfirming your Booking at the correct price/specification or cancelling it. If the Booking is cancelled, we will provide you with a full refund of any sums you have paid.
All prices are exclusive of VAT (unless stated otherwise). If the rate of VAT changes between the date of confirming your Booking and the date of your meeting, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Booking in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
We reserve the right to review prices from time to time. You will pay the price as quoted at the point of placing a Booking.
Sunley Hotel accepts payment by credit/debit card (VISA and MasterCard). The expiry date of your debit/credit card must be later than the end of your Booking.
You will need to provide your credit or debit card details to secure your reservation. The Sunley Hotel accepts Visa and MasterCard .
We reserve the right to cancel any Booking in the event that the payment is not made by the applicable Booking Payment Date.
Any additional charges incurred during or in connection with your meeting (such as phone calls, photocopying etc.) must be paid locally at the location of your Meeting Room prior to departure. Failure to pay additional charges before departure will incur a 2% daily charge until such payment is made in full.
Cancellation & Amendments
Should you wish to amend or cancel a Booking, you must contact Reception at Sunley Hotel, where you will be able to amend or cancel a forthcoming Booking subject to the following conditions:
◾You can cancel a Booking at any time up until 15 days before the commencement of the Booking and we will not charge you for the Booking (and we will refund any sums which you have previously paid).
◾You can make a reduction to the Booking up until 15 days before the Booking and will not be charged for the Meeting Room(s) or Ancillary Services you have cancelled (and we will refund any sums which you have previously paid in respect of the services you have cancelled).
◾Within 14 days or less of the commencement of the Booking there is no refund for a cancellation and 100% of the applicable charges remain payable in full.
◾If you cancel a Booking after the Booking Payment Date or fail to attend a Booking you will be charged for the Booking in full. A cancellation reference will be given and must be retained as proof of cancellation. You will be issued with a receipt for this charge.
◾Any increase in the number of Delegates for a Booking is subject to our prior approval. If we agree to an increase in the number of Delegates we will send you confirmation by email and your Booking will be deemed to have been amended when such email is sent. You will need to make any additional payment on the applicable Booking Payment Date.
◾You can add Ancillary Services to the Booking up until 2 days before the commencement of the Booking, subject to payment of the applicable fee. All Booking arrangements are locked 2 days prior to the commencement of the Booking. Any additional Ancillary Services you require must be ordered locally at the location of your Meeting Room on the day of the Booking.
We may cancel a Booking at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice if:
- you do not pay us when you are required to do so;
- you break the Contract in any other material way;
- your Meeting Room is unavailable for any reason; or
- we are subject to an event outside of our control that requires cancellation.
- If we have to cancel a Booking due to an event outside of our control or the unavailability of your chosen Meeting Room, we will promptly contact you to let you know and:
- if you have already made payment in advance, we will refund this amount to you in full; or
- if you have not yet paid, we will not charge you anything and you will not have to make any payment to us.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- you will be fully liable for any damage (other than fair wear and tear) to any of our Meeting Rooms or property (or that of our affiliates) which is caused by your Delegates.
- your Delegates must not use the Meeting Room in any way which results in annoyance or disturbance to us or any third parties.
- your Delegates must observe and adhere to any rules and regulations made by us in respect of the use of the Meeting Room including without limitation any health and safety requirements relating to the premises in which the Meeting Room is situated.
- your Delegates must vacate the Meeting Room at the agreed time, otherwise you will be subject to reasonable additional charges which must be paid for prior to departure.
- your Delegates may not bring any food, drink or equipment into the Meeting Room unless otherwise agreed by us in advance. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Delegates may bring personal laptops, smartphones and tablet computers into the Meeting Room.
- we shall be entitled to eject any Delegate or stop the meeting without notice if any behaviour or content is in our opinion likely to lead to damage or nuisance or a breach of any law.
- you must not advertise, market or otherwise offer any Meeting Room for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer. We will refuse to honour any reservations made in this way and do not accept any liability for doing so.
- we do not accept responsibility for any personal effects or other belongings which your Delegates bring onto or leave on our premises, unless due to our negligence.
If you breach the terms of any Contract, Sunley Hotel reserves the right to
- cancel your Booking with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from the Meeting Room;
- retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your booking; and/or
- refuse future bookings from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at Sunley Hotel.
We shall not be liable for any claim, loss or damage sustained by you as a result of us failing to provide the Meeting Room(s) and/or any related Ancillary Services by reason of any events beyond our reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms (express or implied) which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Liability for any direct, indirect and/or consequential loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, incurred by any person in connection with any Contract or the use of our Meeting Rooms or facilities, including, without limitation, liability for:
- To the maximum extent permitted under law, our maximum liability to you in respect of any Booking shall be the amount paid in respect of such Booking.
All Bookings are non-transferable and must not, under any circumstances, be sold or otherwise transferred to a third party (provided that the foregoing shall not prevent you from inviting Delegates to attend any meeting).
The Contract does not create any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which are enforceable by any person who is not a party to it and no party who is not a party to the Contract may enforce any of its terms.
The Contract contains the entire understanding between you and us and supersedes all previous agreements. Each of us confirms that it has not been induced to enter into the Contract in reliance on any representation or warranty except those contained or referred to in the Contract providing that nothing in the Contract shall be deemed to exclude either party’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Nothing in these terms of sale or any Contract is intended to limit your statutory rights. In the event of a conflict between these terms of sale or any Contract and your statutory rights, your statutory rights will take priority.
If any part of these terms of sale or any Contract is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms of sale, under any Contract or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
Sunley Hotel and the persons or company making the Booking warrant it will take all necessary steps to ensure it operates within the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK.
These terms of sale and any Contract, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, any Contract and/or your use of any Sunley Hotel Meeting Rooms.